Wednesday, February 6, 2008

When Goldilocks broke her silence.. A study in human nature.

DISCLAIMER:Resemblance to any person living or dead is puerely coincidental and non-intentional.

They say dynamite comes in small packages. And wasnt there something about wise men having few words?... hmmm... just a thought.

The first time i set my eyes on Goldilocks, she struck me as... simple.I noticed she had light eyes but she had a pair of bodyguards guarding them that prevented me from exploring the magnitude of mystery in those eyes. A smiling cute faced girl was all i thought.

Whats in a name? and how much do you go by appearances...

Goldilocks is a good friend of mine. I want you to meet her.

She's petite... err understatement... but then i hope my opening sentence does the trick. She's got a horrid complex over it... i think she's got a complex that she does not have a complex.

Its her silence that first puzzled.. then irked... and finally fascinated me.

Yeah.. those eyes. I had a chance to decipher their language when the bodyguards went to sleep sometimes. Goldilocks doesnt speak much. Silence is the most infinitely translated language i believe. She's got a stand.Her own rules to go by.

When everyone is shouting at the top of their their voice to be heard , many are the times i have seen her stand there... watching, not a word but watching;a slight frown and concentrated observation... those eyes... it was too obvious.A Studied silence. Individualistic attitude. When confronted or addressed, the words are bold and firm.

Hats off, i thought as i looked away from that face. In awe, i smiled to myself at the final unveiling of the uniqueness of human nature and the traits that go with it.

I could sit back and relax with the knowledge.. Lets have the feather in the cap...:

A part of a conversation i overheard...' goldilocks c'mon how come you keep mum most of the time?'

I turned and saw them. And i smiled to myself .It was our secret... what would she answer...

'processing time yaar... i dont get the swing of the conversation half the time'

$%&*@!!!!!

And with it, my years of research on the mysteries nd intricancies of human nature.


PS: i'll be available at the Centre for Learned Scholars of Human Behaviour. Planning on a PhD

No comments: