Thursday, February 14, 2008

Its Her Story.. Chapter2

It was some time before i realized i was thinking of her. i had got some free time to myself inspite of all the school work and started thinking of my future... aspirations... a career.. a love... all that would possibly make up my life... A world of possibilities. Anything is possible from here on... anything may happen... My whole life awaited me.

And then i thought about her... Didnt she have these moments? what did she want to be? what were her aspirations... her life's wants?I was surprisingly fascinated at the thought.. what could they be? In her times... i wanted to live her life for a few moments and see. But how can i...

She was very surprised when i asked her. That was no secret from her expression..'Child, thats a very queer question...' she said. But that was was not an answer to me.

Once again i saw her look away into the far distance. That familiar expression. The same fire in her eyes that had struck me always...

After a long silence, i followed her gaze as we sat on the verandah; as usual i was at her feet. Another house stood there opposite ours. She was definitely not looking at that! And then it struck me... a wild possibility...

Had she not ever thought of such things?!

I felt the pang that comes with a thought to assure you of the truth of it... My excitement died down in full realization of a simple fact. I turned to her again. She turned to me and then she smiled. That warm smile of comfort. As if she were telling me it was okay... me...telling me...

i looked down without smiling. I felt 50 years older. I saw that her life was never simple. Not comprehensible in my world. Once i had wondered what her world was like. But i had peppered it with a lot of romance. Maybe i had been watching too many movies. Perhaps not. Perhaps it was my fertile imagination.

'I didnt want for anything at 11, child. but now i know what to wish for...Now that you ask,i wanted me to grow up, finish my education... and then, maybe marry.' she sighed. 'but then, all i did was marry'.

2 comments:

Wandering Gaijin said...

nice one yaar ...
she really is a strong women.

Dragonfly said...

its going really good, never stop it, continue. For a moment i also thought thru her eyes..