Tuesday, December 29, 2009

As the cock crows, i remember...

I go my way
drive thru streets
live my life...
and yet!.. it bothers me...
waking up to consciousness
i hear the cock crow
jumping out of bed,
i hear the cock crow
rushing thru breakfast
i hear it again...
dashing out to catch the bus
standing there, doing nothing
i still hear it
In the bus,seated beside a stranger
it still bugs me
i search around me
behind my shoulders
see noone.. nothing..
and yet, i hear it crow..louder
at work, with friends,
it disturbs my conversation
incessant noise...
it persists, follows me around
throughout my day
even in my quiet moments
it crows its throat off
and i am irate
back home,post-dinner,
does noone else hear it??
it is still loud as ever.
will it not stop ever, i wonder...
ever?


PS... Luke 22:32.... "But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not......"

Proverbs 6:10,11

1 comment:

Dragonfly said...

Oh God! Its been a loooooooooooong while since I ve checked your blog. Its mostly turned in to a poem blog. Keep up dear.. ;)