Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Potter's clay

Somebody asked me the other day.. Dont you feel like doing something for the Lord rather than just pursue a spiritual life and purity? What he meant was dont u think u should be doing some good works, some charity? Making some bigtime sacrifices in life, to give back for what Jesus has done for me?
I have been through these thoughts myself. I have wondered...and i have thought... and i told the Lord in whispers into the dark nights... Here i am Lord, use me as u will for you. And i offered myself, and my talents for his work. but it didnt really turn out as i thought it would.

As i lifted the works of my hands
i realised i was
holding up to my Lord
an empty pair of hands
all that i held burnt to ashes
with a deep shame
i knew i was empty.
i had no talents of worth
to offer my Lord
my heart,a river of shame..
what works can i offer
what life shall i lead
what sacrifices shall i make
and hence be found 'worthy'


Father, "I am Willing". I know not what u want me to be, where u want me to go, what u want me to do. I have nothing to offer up but this one moment in time:Now.It is Yours. Father, I am willing. Each moment,let it be You. of more, i am ignorant...

1 comment:

Dragonfly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.