Friday, July 3, 2009

"ninnoden dhaivame.. njan cherattee..." (Nearer, my Lord, to thee, Nearer to thee)

The tide rising looms large
Ah but a second more
And it shall swallow me…
But a while back I tread the beaches
Picking shells and nodding to passersby
Admiring the ocean blue, the setting sun
And the calm of the air, wondering
Where in all this is God?
Surely I must feel Him, I must know
His presence… and it cut my heart
Some terrible sin has cast asunder
I thought… my Father from me.
The pain, the ache of a soul lost
Oh! But that soul was me…
Tears came not and sighs stopped not.
The calm of the sands of time teased my agony
And I felt like a fool
Reduced to actions of old
Once done with a greater purpose…
Now a ritual, I mused.
I stopped by the sea and looked far into the horizon
Feeling nothing; only a heavy heart and a lost song
I did not notice the wave
As it curled its way slowly
I saw it as it loomed large
And I searched myself hurriedly
For that panic of old, the fear of old
The frightened helplessness that oft gripped me
Ah! But I could not find it
In its place I found a joy, unexplained
A calm that seemed blind to my state
Totally without reason, so it seemed
For the tide would swallow me any moment
And yet as I searched my heart deep
I found but a song!
Tears stung my dry remorseful eyes
As I was taught my greatest lesson ever
Oh...oh…!!
If the oceans were my tears they would not suffice
Even still am I the base sinner of old
I judged the Lord on my standards
I forgot the words He once whispered in my heart
And I had answered yes Lord! Yes!
Ah he has always been worthy but I!!
Not once, not twice…
Have I failed him
And yet, He would not leave me
For He is my Father.
How great a calling my Father has entrusted me
Peace and calm, turmoil and storms.
My Father trusts me this much.
A lifetime is worth trying to be worthy!



“My child, of miracles or signs, you shall see none; yet trust in me. Have you the faith for that?”


...

No comments: